Portuguese Heritage Publications of California, Inc. is a non-profit organization 501 c (3), created to research, preserve and disseminate vanishing memories and current relevant events about the Portuguese presence in California.
The history of the Portuguese in California is an integral part of the state’s history since the 1800s. As such, it is deserving of appropriate documentation for the benefit of current scholars and future generations.
We capture for posterity, not only the historical facts associated with the Portuguese immigration to California, but also the human drama that it encompasses.
PHPC is extremely appreciative of the support and direction it receives from Portuguese organizations state wide, without which the communication “linkage” with the various Portuguese communities spread throughout California, would become a daunting task.
- Centro de Evangelizaçço e Cultura, Tulare
- Institute for Azorean-American Studies, Tulare
- Irmandade do Espirito Santo (IDES) Supreme Council, Hayward
- J.A. Freitas Library, San Leandro
- Luso American Education Foundation, Dublin
- Portuguese Education Foundation of Central Valley, Turlock
- Portuguese Heritage Society of California, San Jose
- Portuguese Historical and Cultural Society, Sacramento
- Portuguese Historical Center, San Diego
- SES, Supreme Council, Santa Clara
If your organization is not listed above, perhaps you would like to be affiliated/ represented at the PHPC Board of Directors. To inquire how your organization can become a member, please contact us.
Portuguese Heritage Publications of California is always looking for and welcomes with open arms, volunteer contributors. It is our volunteer base that has made PHPC the organization that it is today. They have been and continue to be, the heart and soul of everything we do. We are currently looking for volunteers of any age, gender and background. For more details on available positions please check our blog. For more information on how to volunteer please contact us.